On a weekly basis I update my meal and exercise plan google sheets so you can see real time what I eat, drink, and how I move. You can download the templates and customize them for your own meals and workouts. And I have a rolling update of my fast and simple recipes HERE.
Tips of the week:
- Now is the time for cardio, cardio, cardio. Spring is coming, and the weather is getting warmer. It is the perfect time to do calls outside, as you are walking.
- Salads are back in style. Definitely check out my post on 30 calorie or less salad dressings.
DAOFitlife Meal Plan – Week 5
Customizable DAOFitlife Meal Plan and Grocery List Links
- Customizable DAOFitlife Meal Plan and Grocery List Template Google Sheet (updated for week 5)
- Downloadable DAOFitlife Meal Plan and Grocery List Template Excel Document
- Printable DAOFitlife Meal Plan and Grocery List Template PDF
DAOFitlife Exercise Plan – Week 5
Exercise Template Links
- Customizable DAOFitLife Exercise Plan Google Sheet Template (updated for week 5)
- Downloadable DAOFitLife Exercise Plan Excel Document
- Printable DAOFitlife Exercise Plan PDF
Meal Plan Update
This week I am experimenting with the food combining diet. I am going to write a post and let you guys know how it turned out. If you want a primer before that, definitely check out this handy summary and chart. The basic premise is eat fruit alone and until noon, then pair protein and starches SEPARATELY with vegetables.
Exercise plan update
I will be focused on cardio and incorporating more jogging into my schedule to lean out my legs. For HIIT, I am incorporating that into my twice-weekly strength training routine.
Here is my routine for upper and full body. I am incorporating HIIT moves within the workouts and going through each workout quickly to keep my heart rate up.
Uppser body: Bicep curls, shoulder raises, upright rows and single-arm chest press, mountain climbers and bikini walk-outs
Full body: Single led deadlifts, kettlebell swings, shoulder presses, tricep extensons, high knees and plank jacks
Toning move of the week
Side plank reaches: Obliques are going to be the muscles to tone for the summer, and this exercise, where you start in a side plank and then reach your extended arm to your knee as you crunch it in.